Do you want open a verified PayPal account in Nigeria? Or are you interested in creating a PayPal account in Nigeria for free.
Paypal has been a recognised as world’s major means of sending and receiving of payment on the web. Some few years back, Nigerians were not able to enjoy this service but the story is different today. PayPal has finally come to stay in Nigeria. However, one thing remains – for PayPal to enable Nigerians receive payment with their Nigeria PayPal account.
Despite this shortfall in Nigeria PayPal, many Nigeria online business owners are still signing up with PayPal and the number keep increasing every day.
Why do having a Nigeria PayPal account creating so much buzz?
If you are a Nigerian and you are into international business transactions, you need a PayPal account to facilitate your business.
If you are a Nigerian and there is a need for you to send money from Nigeria to your family member, relative or friend abroad, you need a PayPal account.
If you a Nigeria and you need to make payment for conference registration abroad while in Nigeria, you need a PayPal account.
I am one of those who have been using PayPal in Nigeria. So, if you want to join me; no problem. I will show you how to open a Nigeria PayPal account; free of charge and then how to verify the PayPal account using your GTBank’s account Naira MasterCard. You can also link PayPal account with Firstbank VISA or Naira Mastercard or any Nigerian bank’s Visa or MasterCard. It also works fine.
How to Open a Nigerian PayPal Account
Here is a guide for newbie who want to sign up for a PayPal account right here in Nigeria.
1. Visit Nigeria PayPal homepage by typing in www.paypal.com/ng/ in your Google search engine or browser. At the top right corner of the page, click on“Signup”
2. On the next page displayed under the “individual” section for a personal account, click on “Open Account”
3. Fill in all the necessary details including your valid email address and then click on “Agree and Create Account“.
4. An email message will sent to the email address you registered the account with.
5. Quickly open another window or webpage and log into email to activate your PayPal account by clicking the activation link sent to your mail box you
How to verify PayPal account Using GTBank’s Naira MasterCard
Verifying your PayPal account will allow you spend your money as much as you want but without verification you will be restricted to a limit transaction of $250.
1. After clicking on the “agree and create account button, a new page for filling in your bank credit card details would be displayed. I used GT Bank’s Naira MasterCard to verify my own PayPal account.
2. Navigate to your dashboard if you are not redirected automatically. On the right hand side of your dashboard, Click on “Link and confirm credit or debit card” or “Get Verified” button in your account’s dashboard, carefully input your GTBank Mastercard details here again, click on “Continue”.
3. PayPal will deduct $1.95 from your GTbank account but they will refund you back the money within 24hrs because opening PayPal account in Nigeria is free. Your bank will immediately send you an SMS or email with a code which you will use in completing the remaining verification process.
The SMS should read something like this; Acct: ******3425
The Naira equivalent of USD1.95 has been authorized for the transaction done on PP*0123CODE 0342556789FF
Now, copy the 4 digits before CODE (highlighted in red) from your SMS or mail. You needed this for confirmation of your card.
4. On the right sidebar of your PayPal account dashboard as shown above and click on “Confirm Card” link if you have click on it before. Then type in the four-digit numbers you copied from your bank SMS alert and click on “Confirm Card”.
5. Finally, you will get a popup window, congratulating you if everything was successful and is working fine.
Please note this: you can verify your PayPal account using any Nigeria Mastercard or VISA card. I just used my GTbank account Mastercard.
You can use your Firstbank or any other nigeria bank mastercard or VISA card.It is very easy and simple and it all follows the same procedure;
• signup for PayPal account visiting Nigeria PayPal homepage
• Verify your PayPal account using your bank credit card.