Do you want to create a blog that pays? Are you interested in having a blog that makes money for you in Nigeria? Do you wish to start your own blog but you don’t know how to go about it. Calm down! This post is for you!
WAIT! DO YOU WANT US TO SETUP A BLOG FOR YOU? WE CAN DO THAT FOR YOU WITH LITTLE OR NO MONEY. JUST CONTACT US OR SEND AN EMAIL TO; email@example.com
In Nigeria, more and more people are starting blogs every day. It seems that every person even company’s businesses has a blog these days. The rate at which Nigerians create blog is undoubtedly high. This is due to the widespread claim that blogging is one of the lucrative means of making money online.
You have been hearing of this blogging thing and making money online. Now, you want to give it a trial…..to get started with your own blog!
Can I create a blog that makes money? I’m not an internet Guru!
Don’t border, even if you don’t have any knowledge of the internet. You will learn on the course! Top Nigerian Millionaire bloggers like linda ikeji, Jason Njoku, Emma Onwuka…to mention but a few are never internet guru but they are making six figures on monthly basis. There is that tendency that you will join them if you create your own blog today.
I don’t write to motivate you but to guide you on how to start your own blog that makes money for you. So, in this mega post; I’m going to work you through 10 simple steps of creating a blog that makes at least $1000 (₦200, 000) in 2 months.
10 quick steps involved in creating a blog that makes money
If you don’t own a blog yet and you are wondering how to create one that makes money, here are 10 quick steps you’ll follow:
- Set your blog goals and objective
- formulate your blog operational strategy
- Research for a profitable blog niche.
- Get a domain name and blog host from web4africa.net and install WordPress as your blogging platform.
- Choose a theme and decide on branding your blog logos and colors.
- Add SEO plugin like sitemap, All in one SEO etc. to your blog to get your blog index by search engines.
- Add an opt-in form to start collecting email subscribers.
- Use keyword research tool like Google adwords to analyze competitive keywords.
- Start publishing quality content that people will find valuable and useful.
- Build traffic and start Making money.
The content below will go into much deeper detail about creating a blog that makes money. I included bunch of helpful resources.
First, why do you need to create a Blog?
- To turn passion into profit: This is why I created my own blog. If this is your ultimate reason for creating a blog then you are on the right track. If it is not, retrace your step. Period! Passion comes when you are being your authentic self and doing what comes naturally to you. When what you do is in alignment with who you are, you get energy from doing it. I’m very fortunate. I’ve found passion in blogging and I’m living it out every single day. And let me tell you –it feels incredibly fabulous to be able to make a living doing what you love. Blogging is not “work”, to me because it exciting, rewarding and interesting to do. It is not a “job” but a passion.
- To meet new friends: Blogging in Nigeria or other parts of Africa can be fun but above all you will make a lot of friends from your readers who may turn out to engage you via comment.
- To perfect your writing skill: When you write often, you learn to perfect your writing skill.
So, you want to create a blog? What do you need know before creating blog?
- blog domain name is as important as your entire blog
- long hosting period is a key to high blog ranking
- WordPress blogging platform is the most widely used blogging platform
- A self-hosted WordPress blog is still your best bet
What are the things needed in creating a blog that makes money?
- Best and profitable domain name.
- Good hosting company.
- Good blogging platform
- Profitable blog niche area
- Good writing skill
- Email list
Detail Steps involved in Creating a Blog that Makes Money
If you are really sure you want to create a blog that makes money, here is an in-depth detail on how to start the blog
- Set goals
The first step towards creating a blog that makes money is to set goals for the blog. Your success as a blogger is much more dependent on your blog goals. Setting goals and objectives when creating a blog gives you a clearer picture of your future blog. It provides you with both long-and short-term motivation. It helps you get focus, and to organize your time and your resources to make the very most of your blog. Your blog goals should be; Specific, Measurable, Attainable, Relevant and Time-bound.
- formulate blog operational strategy
How will you run the blog so as to make money from it? By formulating and developing blog operational strategies, you can examine and implement effective and efficient method for using limited resources-capital, writers and work process to achieve your goals. One good technique adopted by many pro-bloggers today is blog model technique. A particular blog is studied right from the time of creation to the time the blog starts paying off in spades. That particular blog’s strategy will be adopted by another blogger who tries to avoid mistakes and errors made by the model.
- Research for a profitable blog niche
Blog niche ideas abound! A little research can help you find a profitable blog niche.
- Visiting popular forums like nairaland.com, nigeriabestforum, nigeriaplatform.com etc. can help you discover what people are seriously searching for.
- Visit other blogs and check out readers’ questions and responses.
- Join different social media where users comments.
- Use your brain! You are not a dumb. List out twenty things you have search on the internet before. Start from there!
- Get a domain name (free) and blog host from web4africa.net and install WordPress as your blogging platform
Get a domain name that is fairly short, relevant to your blog niche, easy to remember or memorize and easy to say. Online users must be able to easily find your blog and pass it along by word of mouth to others. These days it’s nearly impossible to get fairly short top-level domain name. Online users who search for different types of business will usually search with more specific terms. A domain that specifies what type of business or information they looking for should be your best bet. Once, you have succeeded in getting a good domain name; host it!
A self-hosted WordPress blog is still best bet. Create and setup your own WordPress.org blog on your own host. I strongly belief that free blogs platforms like Blogger and even WordPress.com do not give you the control, ownership and branding options that you need. One thing I know for sure is that people using a free blog host will one day want to migrate it to their own host. And that can be an annoying process. It’s much better to get right way from the beginning.
- Choose a theme and decide on branding your blog logos and colours
Choose a responsive theme for your blog and customize it by adding navigations, unique logo and color. A responsive blog theme displays your blog well on mobile devices and this increases your blog’s Google mobile ranking. There are lots of free and premium responsive themes out theme. Use whichever one you can lay your hands on. The only difference between them is theme customization support that you can receive from premium theme developers but never get from free responsive theme.
- Add SEO plugin like sitemap, all in one seo etc. to your blog to get your blog index by search engines
In other to increase the chance of Google indexing your blog pages and help search engines find all the articles on your blog, you need to add sitemap to your blog. You can do this simply by using Google sitemap plugin. Adding all in one SEO plugin to your blog will also help to improve blog’s search engine friendliness.
- Do competitive keyword analysis for your new blog post
Use Google analytic tool and other keyword research tools like Bing keyword tools to search for high volume but less competitive keywords. Virtually everything you intend to write now has been written before by someone that why keyword analysis is vital before creating a new post. With keyword analysis you can analysis how far your new blog post can compete with those authority site having similar articles on #1 search engine result pages (SERPs).
- Add an opt-in form to start collecting email subscribers
Money is in the list! Build an email list. Collecting email address of your blog readers is a pre-sale strategy. Aweber and feedburner form are widely used for this. If you must create a blog that makes money, you need an email list. Most big time online businesses has email list. So, build one for your blog to join the big time online millionaire.
- Start publishing quality content that people is helpful
To create a blog that makes money, one most important thing you need is high traffic. Traffic pays! Build your blog traffic first and you will see the money rolling in. High blog traffic= high $$$. To blog build traffic, you have to be publishing quality content that is helpful to your readers.
Write long content – Long content has been working for years and will still be working. Neil Patel has talked about how well long content works for him and now even Google has launched an in-depth articles section on their search results. Forget about short little post updates you see on must blog and start working on longer content that solves problems and provides so much value that people can’t help but share it with their friends.
Apply Search engine optimization (SEO) – SEO is necessary for helping people find your new post! Applying little SEO techniques like deep linking your blog posts when publishing new post will improve your blog post ranking. With Google search console you can discover broken links; so sign up for Google webmaster tool.
Promote your blog and your new blog articles – For some reason bloggers hate the idea of spending money on advertising. Use social media like Facebook page, Google+, twitter, Pinterest to promote your new blog content. One way to bypass your competitors is to spend a little bit of money promoting your best work to a targeted group of people who are likely to be interested in your stuff.
- Monetize your blog
This is the point you have make the money. Don’t restrict yourself only to use of Affiliate marketing. Affiliates marketing alone will not earn you up to $500 in less than 2 months unless you are pro-affiliate marketer. Multiple stream of income is the ultimate. If you must create a blog that makes money, you have to monetize your blog using 3-4 different variable online income means such as;
- Creating your own information product like valuable eBook that you can market on your blog.
- Appealing for big time advertisers.
- Using Google adsense
With the combination of above means of blog monetization, you are sure of making nothing less than $1000 (200K) in 2 months as a beginner
The content above can be adopted by anybody who wants to create a blog that makes money. Where you are doesn’t matter. Whether you are in Australia, Uganda, Ghana, Russian, Europe, Saudi, Italy, Indonesia, Philippine, South Africa, India, UK, USA etc, you can still adopt the steps.
*Who can help me setup a blog?
WE CAN HELP YOU SETUP A SELF HOSTED BLOG OF YOUR CHOICE WITH LITTLE OR NO MONEY.
YOU CAN ALSO REGISTER NOW WITH US FOR LATEST TRAINING ON BLOGGING.
We will take you through the practical process of starting a new blog to the point of making money with your blog. You can send us email at firstname.lastname@example.org or use our contact form to send us email if you are interested. For questions and comments, you can use the comment-form below.