Things necessary in starting a restaurant business in Nigeria
If you are about setting up a restaurant business in Nigeria; you need the following to be successful;
- Good Chef or Cook – If you don’t know how to cook or you don’t want employ a good chef; you are bound to fail in restaurant business. Customers are attracted by delicious meal. Every successful Restaurant employs a good cook. For example. if your restaurant is an ethnic restaurant like Chinese restaurant; you need to employ a chef who knows how to cook Chinese food. If it is Calabar restaurant, you Chef who knows how to cook calabar soup like Afang Soup.
- Well trained waiters and waitress – You need the service of a trained waiters and waitress. Waiters and Waitress can either make or mar your restaurant business by their manner of service. So, it is good your employ and train your waiters and waitress
- Sales permit and license – You need sale permit and license by both local and state government. If you don’t want the disturbances or distraction by government; obtain sale permit and license.
- Put a restaurant business plan – Every successful business has a blueprint. Business plan serve as a blueprint for your restaurant business. So, it necessary to put up a business plan for your restaurant at the start.
- Write your Menu List – Your Menu List is as good as the menu your offer in your restaurant. So, it is necessary to take time to prepare your menu list. Avoid starting a restaurant without a menu list.
- Purchase necessary restaurant equipment – Make sure you purchase all necessary equipment such cooking and eating utensils, eating table and chairs, entertainment gadgets like wall TV, DVD etc.
- Create a management team – You need a strong management team, if must a succeed in your restaurant business.
All the above mention things are necessary in starting a restaurant business in Nigeria