Achieving Health Nigeria Initiative (AHNi) is a non-profit organization that promotes socio-economic development by supporting global health and economic initiatives in Nigeria. AHNi currently has its headquarters in Abuja, Nigeria. To strengthen our operations and interventions in the country AHNi is seeking qualified candidates for the vacant position below:
Position: Senior Technical Officer – Lab. Services
Contract Type: Fixed Term
* Senior Technical Officer-Lab. Services will provide technical expertise and assistance in implementing high quality laboratory services within the HIV care and treatment project in Nigeria, including laboratory capacity development at Global Fund project health facility sites.
Minimum Recruitment Standards for the Post
* B.Sc in Laboratory sciences or related field with 7-9 years post national youth service experience and a minimum of 5 years’ experience in provision of laboratory support for HIV/AIDS.
* Or Master degree in Laboratory sciences or related field with 5-7 years post national youth service experience and a minimum of 5 years’ experience in provision of laboratory support for HIV/AIDS.
* Experience in the management of laboratory services, particularly health facility-based services, including quality assurance systems, laboratory analysis, and interpretation and reporting techniques based on best practices, quality management practices and safe work practices.
* Knowledge of advanced laboratory procedures, diagnosis and management related to HIV/AIDS care and treatment is required with some experience in an international development organization preferred.
* Certification of license to practice as a medical laboratory scientist Is required. Expertise in haematology, TB and blood safety issues will be an added advantage.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications and Resume/CV’s as a single MS Word document to: AHNi-LabJobs@ahnigeria.org
Application Closing Date: 31st January, 2018.
Note* only applications sent electronically (i.e. by e-mail) with the job title and location clearly indicated as the subject of the mail will be considered and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
* AHNi does not charge candidates a fee for a test or interview.
You can visit the official Achieving Health Nigeria Initiative (AHNi) website for further information or use the comment box below for your questions and comments.Google+