The Federal University of Petroleum Resources (FUPRE) Effurun in Delta State, Nigeria was established and approved by the Federal Executive Council meeting of 14 March 2007 and admitted its first set of undergraduates in 2008.
This is to inform the general public, who desire to be gainfully employed in a University System that Federal University of Petroleum Resources, is located at Effurun-Port Harcourt Road Effrun, Delta State is currently recruiting suitably qualified candidates to fill the following vacancies in the Federal University of Petroleum Resources.
Positions available are:
1) Director, Health Services (CONMESS 7: N6,350,017 ÷ 12)
- a) Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS) degree from a recognised University and have been a Chief Medical Officer
- b) At least twelve (12) years post qualification cognate experience, four (4) years of which must have been spent in the University System.
- c) A considerable administrative experience
- d) A verifiable track record of competence, responsiveness, demonstrable integrity and transparency, leadership, team player and ability to function in that capacity with minimum supervision
- e) A good and practical knowledge of computer application will be an advantage
2) Deputy Bursar (CONTISS II 14: N3,363,134 ÷ 12)
- a) A good honours degree in Accounting plus professional accounting qualification such as ICAN, ACA, ACCA, ANAN, CPA, CIPRA, ICMAPA etc
- b) At least 15 years cognate experience of which six (6) years must have been spent in a higher institution
- c) Others are as in 1 (c) – (e) above
3) Professional Secretaries
(i) Confidential Secretary II (CONTISS II 6)
- a) ND Secretarial Studies with 2 years relevant experience
- b) WAEC or GCE O/L with 5 credits including English Language, 100/50 wpm in shorthand/typing or equivalent, plus 4 years cognate experience
- c) A pass in HND in relevant area
(ii) Confidential Secretary I (CONTISS II 7)
- a) HND Secretarial Studies with lower credit/B.Sc. Honours Degree in Secretarial Admin. Plus NYSC
- b) ND Secretarial Studies with 5 years relevant experience and 120/60.
4) College of Technology
(i) Electrical Technologist (CONTISS II 7)
(ii) Marine Technologist (CONTISS II 7)
(iii) Foundry Technologist (CONTISS II 7)
- a) A good first degree in Engineering from a recognised institution plus NYSC
- b) HND in Laboratory Technology or Engineering plus NYSC
- c) Registration with Nigerian Institution of Science Technologists, COREN will be an advantage.
5) Health Services Department
(i) Nursing Officer II (CONHESS 9)
- a) N.R.N. or S.R.N. plus SRM plus 1 year post registration experience
- b) N.R.N. plus S.R.N. plus registration certificate
- c) B.Sc. Nursing plus NYSC plus registration certificate with Council
- ii) Medical Laboratory Scientist (CONHESS 9)
A first degree (Science or applied science) from a recognised institution or HND (Laboratory Technology) and duly registered with
- a) Nigerian Institution of Science Technologist or
- b) Institute of Medical Laboratory Sciences or
- c) Any other Institute recognised by any of (i) or (ii) above
iii) Pharmacy Technician (CONHESS 7)
Diploma in Pharmacy Technician course and registration with Institute of Medical Laboratory for Technicians cadre
6) Works and Services
(i) Senior Engineer (CONTISS II 9)
A good Honours Degree in Civil, Electrical or Mechanical Engineering, Registerable with COREN plus 6 years post qualification experience.
7) University Library
(i) Bindery Officer (CONTISS II 7)
- a) B.Sc./HND in Print Media, Print/Book Binding or related field with 6 years experience
- b) OND in Printing/Binding plus 9 experiences.
(ii) Higher Library Officer (CONTISS II 7)
- a) BLIS /BS in Library & Information Science plus NYSC
- b) HND in Library and Information Science
- c) Diploma in Library studies with 3yrs experience
The conditions attached to each post are as applicable in the Nigerian University system.
*The appointment to the post of Director, Health Services shall, however, be for a term of five (5) years.
METHOD OF APPLICATION
Interested applicants are requested to forward Twenty (20) copies of word processed applications together with detailed Curriculum Vitae and copies of their credentials. The Curriculum Vitae should among other information follow the order below:
Full name; Place and Date of Birth; Permanent Home Address; Contact Address; State of Origin; Local Government Area; Nationality; Marital Status; Names and Ages of Children (if any); Educational Institutions Attended with dates; Academic Qualifications with dates; Professional Qualification; Employment Records;; Statement of Experience (for Director, Health Services and Deputy Bursar); Extra Curricular Activities; Names and Addresses of three (3) Referees (candidates should request their Referees to forward confidential reports on them direct to the Registrar). Candidates with degrees or its equivalent should submit evidence of completion of National Service or exemption from National Service. Evidence of computer literacy will be an added advantage.
All applications must be addressed to the
Registrar and Secretary to CouncilP
Federal University of Petroleum Resources
- M. B. 1221
Effurun, Delta State
Application closing date: All applications should reach the Registrar within Six (6) weeks from the date of this publication.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates would be invited for interview.
The successful candidates should be prepared to reside within the immediate environment of the University.
See the University website: https://www.fupre.edu.ng/
- M. Ichendu, FNIM, FCAI
Registrar and Secretary to CouncilGoogle+