Society for Family Health (SFH) is one of the leading public health non-governmental organisations (NGO) in Nigeria, implementing programmes in reproductive health/family planning, HIV and prevention, primary health care system strengthening and maternal and child health. SFH works in partnership with the Federal and State Government of Nigeria, the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, United States Agency for International Development (USAID) and Global Fund among other international donors.
We seek to recruit qualified persons as a result of growth in the organisation. We offer professionals opportunities for career advancement, a good working environment and competitive remuneration.
We require competent candidates for the position below:
Job Title: Laboratory Scientist/Quality Specialist
Project: Global Fund HIV Project
- The successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring that all laboratory services provided by the project are in accordance with the national guidelines and meet the minimum standards for good laboratory services.
- She/He will be responsible for establishing and/ or supervising all laboratories and laboratory services within the Global Fund HIV project.
- She/He will supervise and ensure the medical care provided in these health facilities include disease-specific components such as HIV/AIDS care and treatment of the co-infection of HIV with Tuberculosis, Hepatitis screening and management of sexually transmitted infections follows all set standard procedures.
- She /He will ensure quality control as a major responsibility of the project
- She/He will be involved in training and supervising local staff oversees the HIV testing being carried out in the community by the HIV counsellors and testers contracted by the project to reach the testing targets of the project.
- Must possess a degree or its equivalent in clinical/medical laboratory Sciences or in microbiology with applied medical parasitological and bacteriology. Alternatively, person may have held a position as a medical laboratory scientist, laboratory technologist or medical laboratory analyst.
- Must possess a minimum of 5 years relevant post qualification experience working in laboratory offering specific test for ART treatment monitoring.
- Must have experience in sample collection and analysis (e.g blood, stool, sputum)
- Experience in developing and coordinating a supply management system
- Knowledge of all basic laboratory techniques and quality control system is very essential to this role.
- Good communication and inter-personal skills.
- Ability to work cohesively in a multi-disciplinary team
Compensation & Benefits
The compensation package for this position is very attractive and designed to attract, motivate and retain talented candidates.
Application Closing Date: Application closes on 19th February, 2018.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward a one-page application letter (using the position reference as the subject), addressed to the “Director, Human Resources”, clearly providing evidence of competences required for the job and current remuneration and sent to: [email protected]
- Applicants should send the application as well as a comprehensive Curriculum Vitae clearly indicating current telephone numbers, e-mail address and contact details to the email address beside the job you are applying for.
- Please include the names and contact details (including telephone and e-email addresses) of three referees who are knowledgeable about your professional achievements. All applications will be treated in confidence.
- Candidates without the minimum requirements need not apply
- We thank prospective applicants for their interest in working with SFH, however only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.