Federal Road Safety Corps is the Government Agency with statutory responsibilities for road safety administration and worthiness in Nigeria. In February 1988, the Federal Government created the Federal Road Safety Commission through Decree No. 45 of the 1988 as amended by Decree 35 of 1992 referred to in the statute books as the FRSC Act cap 141 Laws of the Federation of Nigeria (LFN). The major mission of Safe Road in Nigeria is to reduce road crash deaths and injuries by 50% by 2020.
The Federal Road Safety Corp (FRSC) is currently recruiting suitably qualified candidates for employment into the various cadres of the Corps, namely;
- Officer cadre
- Marshal Inspectorate (MI) cadre
- Road Marshal Assistant (RMA) cadre in a nationwide recruitment exercise
Read and Apply also for : Federal Fire Service of Nigeria Job vacancies /recruitment 2018
– Be a Nigerian by birth.
– Not be less than 18 years or more than 30 years in 2018 (35 years will be considered for Medical and Articulated vehicle drivers).
Applicant must not be married.
– Not be less than 1.68 metre for male and 1.63 metre for female in height.
– Have a fully expanded chest measurement of not less than 0.87 metre (mrn only)
– Be physically and mentally fit for para-military services
– Produce a certificate of medical fitness from a government hospital.
– Be free from any form of financial embarrassment be of good character and must not have been convicted of any offence.
– Applicants are also to note that computer literacy and possession of valid drivers’ license shall be added advantage for all cadres.
– Anyone found to have submitted false document(s) would be disqualified and prosecuted.
For the Officer Cadre, candidates are expected to possess a first degree from recognized institutions, NYSC Discharge Certificates, and must not be more than 30 years of age.
For the Marshal Inspectorate Cadre, there are three subcategories namely;
- Marshal Inspector I (MI-I)
- Marshal Inspector II (MI-II)
- Marshal Inspector III (MI-III)
The requirements for Marshal Inspector I (MI-I) are Higher National Diploma from recognized Institutions, NYSC discharge certificates, Registered Nurse and Midwife, and must equally not be more than 30 years of age.
The requirements for Marshal Inspector II (MI-II) are Nigeria Certificate of Education (NCE), Registered Nurse or Registered Midwife. Applicants to this cadre must not be more than 28 years of age.
For Marshal Inspector III (MI-III), Applicants must possess National Diploma (ND), Community Health Extension Workers Certificate (CHEW), and must equally not be more than 28 years of age.
Application into the category of Road Marshal Assistant II (RMAII) requires a minimum of 5 credits in SSCE/GCE/NECO/NABTEB and must include Mathematics and English Language.
For Road Marshal Assistant III (RMAIII), the requirement is a minimum of 3 credits in SSCE/GCE/NECO/NABTEB. Applicants into the two categories of RMAs must not be more than 27 years of age.
Artisans and Tradesmen fall into the same categories of Road Marshal Assistant (RMAs), however, they must possess a minimum of 4 passes in SSCE/GCE/NECO/NABTEB, have Trade test or other professional Certificates, valid class of Drivers licence (for drivers and bikers), and must not be more than 28 years of age.
Read and Apply also for : Edo State Civil Service Commission Job Vacancies 2018 & how to apply
Method of Application
Applications to any of the above listed cadres will be done through FRSC official website (https://recruitment.frsc.gov.ng ), and shortlisted candidates are expected to come along with a print out of their forms as well as the acknowledgement slip for screening.
Upon completion, applicants are to upload documents on the corps portal, http://www.recruitment.frsc.gov.ng/
Read and Apply also for: Nigerian Prisons Service Recruitment 2018/2019 & how to apply now; www.prisons.gov.ng
Closing date of application
Applications must be submitted within 6 weeks of the publication of the advert
All enquiries should be directed to 122 (toll free line), 08077690361, 08077690362, or send an email to email@example.com.
For further information, visit the official FRSC website. You can also use the comment box below for your questions and comments.
Please Note: Application attracts No fee.