Neteller is a global payment company. The electronic payment platform offer online wallet that support 22 currencies to individuals and merchants. Neteller is one of the easiest e-wallets that will help you to gain access to most market places on the internet. For Nigerians, you can freely open a Neteller account, fund and withdraw from it.
To increase your transaction limit and be able to join the VIP members, you need to verify Neteller account. This is quick and easy to do.
Transaction limit on Unverified Neteller Account
The transaction limits in Neteller are typically based on daily, weekly, and/or monthly rolling time periods. The rolling period begins from the date/time you completed a transaction and will be in effect until an X amount of time has passed.
Here is an example of how the transaction limits on an unverified account work:
If you have a daily/weekly or monthly deposit limit of ₦5000 with a given deposit option and you deposit ₦5000 at 9:00 AM on Tuesday, you will be unable to deposit more money using this option until 9:01 AM on Wednesday.
Required Documents for Neteller Account Verification
The basic required documents which will be required from you as soon as you start using your account includes the following.
- Driver’s license (The front and back of your driving license)
- International Passport (photo page of your passport)
- National Identity Card (Front and back of your national ID card)
Any of these basic documents will be required as soon as you start using your account. You should also note that this is the first step that you must take before your account becomes fully active, then you can move on to verify the account.
The remaining part of the verification process is to verify your address and photo ID.
Step to Verify Neteller Account
Follow these steps to verify your Neteller account:
1. Fund your Neteller Account
The first step to verify your Neteller account is to fund your account. Without funding your account, you can’t verify it. This is because the verification process itself is meant to reduce the limits on your account. You can fund your NETELLER account by visiting the Money In section of your account or by receiving money from another NETELLER customer or merchant.
Upload your means of identification
To upload your means of identification, go to the setting of your unverified account and upload the documents of your choice. Remember that you can upload – your driver’s license, national ID, or international passport.
Once you have done step two. You will be taken to the verify your account page where you can complete the remaining steps as explained below.
Verify Your ID
The verification of your ID comes with three options for you to choose from. You can choose from any of these three options. The three options are:
a. Use of Your Facebook Account.
To verify your account using your Facebook profile, you should follow the steps below:
- In your account setting, click on verify account.
- Choose the Verify with Facebook option. You will be taken to your Facebook log-in page.
- Log into your Facebook account and then accept to share your information with Neteller. Once the verification process is complete a message will be sent to you as confirmation. Then you can continue with the verification of your address.
NB: Ensure your Facebook account name, address, email, and date of birth are the same as those on your Neteller account.
b. Use of the Neteller Mobile App.
- Download the Neteller Mobile app from Google Playstore or Apple app store
- Log into your Neteller account and kick start the verification process.
- Use your phone to take selfie.
- Upload the photos or Use of Webcam to Take a Snapshot of Your Face and Your ID.
For those who prefer to use their laptops. You can use the webcam option to verify your ID. You can verify your ID by following these steps:
- On the verification page, click on the take and upload webcam photos.
- Select your chosen documents from your computer.
- Take a picture of yourself.
- Submit the uploaded documents and the snapped image.
When you have successfully uploaded your documents using the webcam and have taken the photo of your face, the Verify ID step will be in review. This may take some time.
You will then receive a success message, then you can continue with the remaining verification.
Please note that when the verification process is complete and successful, an email will be sent to you as a confirmation.
Verify Your Address
The final step is to verify your address. This step can be completed when you follow the steps below:
To verify your address, you must share your browser geo-location with Neteller. But, if you verified your ID using the Facebook account option, then your address verification will be automatically processed.
To share your geo-location, you need to activate it on your browser. If you don’t know how to do it, kindly follow this step-by-step guideline.
Benefits of verifying Neteller account
Some of the benefits of verifying Neteller account include:
- Lower charges for members of the VIP programs.
- Speedy response from the support team.
- More transaction volume.
One good part of verifying your account is that you will enjoy the benefit of having a higher transaction volume and the opportunity to join the VIP program.
It is important for you if you are a business owner to verify your account because of the volume of transactions that you may receive from your customers.
Do you have any questions? Kindly hit the comment box and ask your question. We would respond to your request as soon as possible.