Where to buy cheap car (used and foreign) in Lagos, Abuja, kano and other cities across the country are usually the most difficult question to crack if you’re planning to buy a cheap car in Nigeria. Even those who claimed to be car dealers may not even offer cheap car to buy or have the right answer to where to buy new or fairly used cheap cars in Nigeria.
We have, as cars dealers in Nigeria selected the most notable offline and online where you can buy cheap cars in Nigeria. Before, we begin to show you those online and offline places to buy cheap cars in Nigeria, let’s find out what you need to know before buying a car
Things to know before buying car in Nigeria
- Consider your Budget – If you must buy a car; get a good vehicle. Your current salaries may not be enough to buy a brand-new car, you can always find a good fairly used car and that saves you a bunch of money. For example, if a brand-new Toyota Sienna costs 15 million Naira, you get a fairly used one at the price of 5-3 million Naira in Lagos. When your intension is a question of your comfort; as comfort is one of the most common things everyone looks at when buying a car. You have to be ready to increase your budget. Various technologies such intelligent weather-sensor system and automatic induction headlight system, will bring you to a new level of human—car interaction.
- Be careful not to buy liability – having a car could either be liability or an asset; it depends on what you make of it. If you buy car that you are constantly visiting a mechanic to haggle one issue or another, it has could turn to become a liability.
- Consider Car with Nigerian-Made Features – the car you’re buying should be made to withstand the harsh Nigerian sun, unending potholes, poor road network etc. A good Car feature such Shock absorber, literally absorb unpleasant effects of bumpy roads and unavoidable holes thus enhancing driver’s control over the vehicle as well as the overall comfort of all passengers. Most Toyota cars are made withstand Nigerian poor road system.
- Consider maintenance – Buy cars with Engine that has capacity to produce a high output, at low fuel consumption and low exhaust emission. Buy Car that has readily available and affordable spare parts.
However, you can always find cheaper solutions that suit your financial situation. Read our guide on where to buy cheap cars in Nigeria and their prices.
Most of us dream of getting a brand-new vehicle instead of a used one. If you have the money and are willing to search, you can find comparatively cheap deals in Nigeria or Benin (which is close to Lagos).
- Kano, Kaduna or Nnewi-Anambra – These are notable places in the north and south east of Nigeria where you can buy a new vehicle from many manufacturers. The rates are much cheaper than getting brand new cars from abroad. However, many vehicles imported from China, USA, Germany, and Japan can cost less here if compared to prices in Lagos, Abuja, and other major cities of Nigeria. You can get fairly used cars for sale by owners (Alhajis) in Kano at very cheap rate during cerebration like Barka de Sallah, Eid al-Adha etc.
- Cotonou market – This is the largest market in the Benin Republic, and it offers a lot of great brand-new vehicles as well as Tokunbo cars for people from all over Africa. You can go through a car dealer who is a real expert in purchasing new cars from here to buy a car for you. You can also buy car online Cotonou; this might be risky, so think twice and find expert with many years of successful experience.
- Vehicle auctions Sale – Auctions cars are “seasonal”. You can learn more about this incredible opportunity (it is better if you have friends or relatives who can gather information about the auction time), and maybe you will be the next owner for an awesome yet cheap vehicle.
There are good number of websites that offer a huge selection of used cars all over Nigeria. What you have to pay attention to is the category the cars belong to. There are the two major categories of vehicles you can meet online: Tokunbo vehicles (foreign used cars) – usually more expensive than Nigerian used vehicles. All Tokunbo cars have been released and used abroad (not in Nigeria), but they are currently relocated in Nigeria and are available for purchased by Nigerians. They are often more expensive and more reliable than locally used cars that were officially sold and used in Nigeria.
Below you can find a list of where you can buy cheap cars online and offline:
WHERE TO BUY CHEAP CARS ONLINE IN NIGERIA
(OXL Nigeria and Carmudi Nigeria have been bought jiji.ng) – Jiji is represented by the wide selection of new and used cars: Honda, Toyota, etc.
See more @ jiji Nigeria website
Find your next car from trusted dealerships and private sellers within Nigeria. Sell your vehicles fast and efficiently. Start contacting sellers today. Find all cars for sale by owner or from a trusted dealer in Nigeria. Compare prices, features & photos. Contact sellers today. See more @ Cheki Nigeria site.
Used Cars for Sale in Nigeria in Jumia Deals (Vendito). You can buy cheap cars for sale in Nigeria from Toyota, Subaru, Nissan & Mercedes ✓ Get the best deals near you. See more @ deals.jumia Nigeria
The list of cars posted on deals.jumia.com.ng as of the time this article written and their prices are follows;
Toyota rav4 2007 ——————————– 950,000,000 NGN
Toyota Sienna 2005 —————————– 800,000,000 NGN
Infinity G35 2013 ——————————– 9,500,000 NGN
Land Rover Defender 110 300 Tdi ———– 7,500,000 NGN
Direct Tokumbo Lexus GX460 2014 ———- 21,000,000 NGN
2010 Honda Accord Coupe ———————- 1,650,000 NGN
Toyota Camry 1998 ——————————- 1,150,000 NGN
Toyota Highlander 2006 = 2,850,000 NGN
Buy Used Cars Nigeria | New & Used Tokunbo Cars for Sale. Looking for new or used cars for sale in Nigeria? Carnotautomart, best place to find online deals for Tokunbo used cars.
See more @ Carnotautomart
Cars for Sale in Nigeria – New and Used. Find your next used or new vehicle at cheap car prices from any of our trusted dealers & private sellers around Nigeria. See more @ Spicyauto
Cars, motorbikes, airplanes, et cetera. Ad Rate: ₦7,658.96/week (119.9% premium).
There are many of them online, so you can check each one and look for the collection of sold vehicles. And you can find even more sites if you google ‘buy cars online’ or ‘cheap cars for sale in Nigera’ or ‘used cars in Nigeria.’
WHERE TO BUY CHEAP CARS OFFLINE IN NIGERIA
Berger Car market, Apapa
This is one of the biggest Nigerian market where you can purchase a used car. It mostly offers Tokunbo vehicles, so this can be your ideal place if you are sure you need a foreign used car.
Most Nigerian cities have their own local markets (not as huge as Apapa) that offer a limited selection of used cars. You can visit one if you know about such a place near you and see what is offered by people here.
Roadside Car dealers
Sometimes you can see a listing about a car for sale in your area (on fences, building, doors). Remember to learn everything about the car and its used condition before you spend your money on it. You have learned where to buy cheap cars in Nigeria, be it used or new vehicles.
Car for sale in Nigeria by owner
Your friends may have some individuals who wish to sell their used car cheaply. You can buy such car if you’re such the car is in a good condition. If you’re a member of a forum where Nigerians discuss vehicles, and there are ads about cheap cars available for sale. Find out more about such opportunities, you may finally buy a good car in such a manner.
We wish you good luck!