I’ll be showing you how to create PayPal account in Nigeria that receive money into your bank account. So if you’re looking to receive money with PayPal in Nigeria, this article is what you just need
Most foreign companies that offer jobs, tasks or service you can perform to earn money online in Nigeria; their payment option is usually PayPal. Only a few offer other digital payment options like Skrill, Payoneer, Perfect money and so on.
Unfortunately, Nigerian PayPal account users are not allowed to receive PayPal money in Nigeria. In other words, while you can send money internationally with your PayPal account; you’ll not be allowed to receive money in Nigeria using PayPal. This restriction does not apply to Nigeria only, some other African countries are also red-flagged. This has resulted to some Nigerian PayPal users abandoning their PayPal account.
See the big story:
PayPal blacklisted Nigeria and some African countries in July, 2016 because of the high number of Credit Card frauds that emanates from the transactions of these countries. Later on, PayPal managed to remove some aspect of the restrictions. Even after that, Nigerian PayPal users still face the challenge of not being allowed to withdraw their funds from their PayPal account to their local bank accounts. That was a very bitter experience especially to those of us who work online. After putting so many hours to work as freelancers, we cannot access our payment. This painful experience has left many freelancers at a crossroad.
If you’re facing this challenge of not knowing how to go about receiving money in Nigeria via your PayPal account, do not worry. There is good news. In this article, I’ll show you a simple way to work around it. After reading this post to end, you’ll learn how to create PayPal account that receives money in Nigeria. And you’ll also learn how to withdraw the fund into your Nigerian bank account.
PayPal is a popular online wallet service of an American Financial Institution registered in the United States of America. It has been in existence for a long time. And it is recognized as one of the best platforms used for receiving payment and sending money internationally. It is highly in use not only in Nigeria but all over the world with over 100 million users.
PayPal platform is secure, flexible, fast and easy to navigate
- Can be used on many mobile apps.
- Accepts different forms of credit and debit cards.
- Can be used for online purchases from anywhere and anytime as many e-commerce shops like ebay, Amazon amongst others trust and accepts it.
Things needed to create PayPal Account that receives money
To create a PayPal account that receives money in Nigeria, you will need the following:
- Your full legal name as it appears on an acceptable form of National Identification.
- An Active Phone Number.
- A Valid email that you have not used to access PayPal website before with a strong Password.
- Your Current Business/Residential Address.
Now, let’s look at how to open PayPal account that receives money in Nigeria and also withdraw the funds into local bank account.
Steps to Create PayPal account that receives money in Nigeria
Choose a PayPal Account Type to Open
PayPal runs two Major Types of Account: Personal Account and Business Account. From these two accounts, you can choose to open either depending on what you intend to use it for. You cannot open two accounts of the same type on the platform. If you do that, once it is discovered you will be blocked. And any fund you have in those accounts no matter how big, you will no longer have access to them again.
However, users are allowed to open one Personal Account and one Business Account. So you can choose to open one personal and one business account
This is mainly used by users who shop online. Most eCommerce site and online market places accepts it as a means of payment. You can also used it to send money abroad from Nigeria . You can add and verify your Credit, Debit cards, Master cards etc to your PayPal account for your online transactions.
This is used to receive payments for transactions done. It is the account used by Businesses, Merchants and Freelancers and many online workers to facilitate fund receival from customers and clients. It is accepted nationally and internationally as a means of payment for services.
Create an Account & Receive funds
Overtime, I have noticed that the best browser for PayPal Account creating is the Google Chrome. You can use it for best results on both the Computers and Phone. The phone should be on Desktop mode for easy and successful registration.
Since PayPal restricts Nigerians from receiving money, in other to receive money in Nigeria via your PayPal account you’ll need to sign up for PayPal Business Account using one of the accepted African countries like Lesotho, Morocco, Algeria, Barbados or Dominica. I will advice you sign up using Lesotho
- Open your Chrome Browser to access the PayPal Lesotho homepage>>>https://www.paypal.com/ls
- Click on Sign-up and choose the ‘Business Account Option’
- On the pop up page, enter your valid email
- Click on ‘Continue’
- Enter your legal name as written in any of your recognized National Identification
- Enter your Business name or if you don’t have one, just create one and input
- On the Phone number section, click on the Lesotho flag, select Nigeria and then enter your Nigerian phone. The phone must be valid so that you can use it to access and run the account
- On the Postcode space enter 00234
- On the Business Address space, enter either your Business or Residential address based on choice
- Then on the Currency option, choose your desired option. It is best to choose from the list, the one you know that you mostly use for your transactions like the Dollar.
- Check box and Submit.
After sometime, to confirm successful submission of your details, you will receive a confirmation email from PayPal.
Now, log into your new mail account and do the needful by accurately entering all further details. Confirm email and proceed.
In other to complete your account creation, you have to accurately fill the Customer Identification details: First and last name, Business Name, Business Type, Product or service keyboard and Place of Incorporation.
Withdraw Funds from PayPal account into your Nigerian bank
To withdraw your money from PayPal Account to your local Bank account in Nigeria, you will need a UBA Africard. UBA Africard is a flexible prepaid Bank card that is wildly accepted for all transactions worldwide. It can be a naira or dollar card. It is best to choose UBA dollar Africard
The good thing about it is that you must not have a UBA account to get it. Even if you have an account with UBA, it will not even be linked to that your primary account. It is just a standalone card. It is just another Bank of its own.
To get UBA Africard, just walk into any UBA branch near to you and request for the card
- Fund it with at least 4 dollars. This will be used for PayPal verification. The money will be reversed to your account, later.
- Activate it.
- Sign in to your PayPal Account and link the account following due process or alternatively, get Africard-Paypal link up information from the Bank staff.
- Then, go back to the PayPal site that you used to create your account https://www.paypal.com/ls.
- On the dashboard, just click on “Withdraw Funds”.
- On the pop up page, click on “From”. Choose your PayPal Balance.
- Click on “To” and then choose the linked Card.
- Click on continue to proceed
- Enter the amount you want to withdraw from the account
- On the pop up page that will show your transaction details, click on “Transfer”.
- The required amount will be instantly transferred into your UBA Africard and your amount credited.
You will be charged a withdrawal charge of 5 dollars which will be debited from your account. The transfer is instant despite the transfer time of 5 – 7 Business days as stipulated on the page.
There you have it! If you follow the above steps diligently you will open a PayPal Account that receives in Nigeria.
FAQs on PayPal Nigeria
1. Can I receive money in Nigeria with PayPal account?
Ans. Yes! You can. But not without a little twist as we have explained above.
2. Is possible to download PayPal App?
Ans. Yes, it is possible. Android mobile users can download PayPal from Google play store. Iphone users can download it from Apple store.
3. Is PayPal a bank account?
Ans. No! It is a financial institution with online wallet. Head office is located United state of America.
4. How does PayPal work in Nigeria?
Ans. In Nigeria, you can use PayPal account to send money abroad, make payment for online transaction as well as receive payment.
Note: In case you want to share your thought with us on how to open PayPal Account that Receive money in Nigeria, you can use the comment box below. We will get back to you as soon as possible.
We have a simple video for this post. Watch and Subscribe to our YouTube channel.
Please, remember to encourage us by sharing this post on your social media status or page.