Find out How to check your National Identification Number (NIN) in Nigeria. That’s USSD Code to retrieve your NIN Number.
National Identification Number (NIN) is a set of digit numbers assigned to an individual after successful National Identity card enrolment. This set of digit numbers are unique and it identifies you for life.
In Nigeria, NIN is issued by National Identity Management Commission (NIMC) after your successful National ID Card enrolment.
After successful enrolment, National Identity Management Commission (NIMC) issues you National Identification Number slip. This slip can easily get tore, lost or mistakenly damage. In the past, if this happens, you will no longer have access to your NIN. However, technology has turned a lot of things around. With just a simple USSD code you can retrieve your National Identification Number.
So, if you lost, mistakenly tore or damage your NIN Slip, you can easily get your NIN number with code
Continue reading to discover code to retrieve your National Identification Number…………
Code to Check National Identification Number
As a Nigerian, you can now conveniently use USSD code to retrieve your National Identification Number (NIN). To check/retrieve NIN in Nigeria now;
Step 1. Navigate to mobile phone’s dial button
Step 2. Dial the code *346# and from the options displayed, select NIN retrieval, by typing in 1, if you are using the same phone number you enrolled with for your NIN.
Select NIN Search, by typing in 2. Input some of your registered details required (if you’re not using the same phone number you enrolled with) and follow the steps displayed on your mobile phone’s screen to retrieve your National Identification Number
- Any type of mobile phone can use to retrieve NIN
- Use of this code is available on all mobile networks in Nigeria
- Using this service attracts a N20 fee only deducted from your phone credit balance
Uses of National Identification Number
National Identification Number is used for all transactions in Nigeria require identity verification. The importance is so many. You’ll be using your NIN Slip for;
- obtaining your National e-ID card,
- travel (international passport application & acquisition),
- opening personal bank accounts,
- getting your driver’s license,
- obtaining your Permanent Voters’ Card,
- participating in the National Health Insurance Scheme,
- payment of your taxes,
- transactions related to your contributory pension scheme,
- access to welfare and other relevant services from the Nigerian Government,
- transactions with social security implications,
- land transactions subject to the Land Use Act and any other transactions NIMC may so prescribe and list in the Federal Government Gazette
OTHER USES OF NIN Number
- Use of NIN for Customs clearance during online purchases
- NIN for Amazon.com deliveries
- JAMB’s use of NIN for student data revalidation
- The mandatory use of NIN for all existing Retirement Saving Account (RSA) holders
- NIN for SIM card registration