Do you want to know your National Identification Number. This article is a guide on how to check/retrieve your National Identification Number.
National Identification Number (NIN) is a set of digit numbers assigned to an individual after successful National Identity card enrolment. This set of digit numbers are unique and it identifies you for life.
After successful enrolment, National Identity Management Commission (NIMC) issues you National Identification Number slip. This slip can easily get tore, lost or mistakenly damage. In the past, if this happens, you will no longer have access to your NIN. However, technology has turned a lot of things around. With just a simple USSD code you can retrieve your National Identification Number.
So, if you lost, mistakenly tore or damage your NIN Slip, you can easily get your NIN number with code
Continue reading to discover code to check your National Identification Number…………
Code to Check National Identification Number
Checking your National Identification Number (NIN) is very simple. The code to check National Identification Number is *346#.
- Navigate to mobile phone’s dial button and dial *346#
- Type 1 (National Identification Number retrieval). This must be done from phone number you registered on NIMC.
Your NIN will be displayed on your mobile phone’s screen immediately.
Type 2 (NIN Search) and Input some of the details you registered on NIMC (if you’re not using the same phone number you enrolled with).
Follow the steps displayed on your mobile phone’s screen to retrieve your National Identification Number
Any type of mobile phone can use to retrieve NIN.
Use of this code is available on all mobile networks in Nigeria.
Using this service attracts a N20 fee only deducted from your phone credit balance.
Uses of National Identification Number
National Identification Number is used for all transactions in Nigeria require identity verification. The importance is so many. You’ll be using your NIN Slip for;
- obtaining your National e-ID card,
- travel (international passport application & acquisition),
- opening personal bank accounts,
- getting your driver’s license,
- obtaining your Permanent Voters’ Card,
- participating in the National Health Insurance Scheme,
- payment of your taxes,
- transactions related to your contributory pension scheme,
- access to welfare and other relevant services from the Nigerian Government,
- transactions with social security implications,
- land transactions subject to the Land Use Act and any other transactions NIMC may so prescribe and list in the Federal Government Gazette
OTHER USES OF NIN Number
- Use of NIN for Customs clearance during online purchases
- NIN for Amazon.com deliveries
- JAMB’s use of NIN for student data revalidation
- The mandatory use of NIN for all existing Retirement Saving Account (RSA) holders
- NIN for SIM card registration