Whether you’re about to recharge your EEDC Prepaid meter for the first time or you’ve been stressing yourself visiting EEDC office to recharge your electricity bill, I’m about to show you how to stay in your house and pay electricity bill online in 3mins.
EEDC is Enugu Electricity Distribution Company. It is one of the eighteen companies that emerged from Power Holding Company of Nigeria Plc. sequel to the on-going Power Sector reform. EEDC is in charge of electricity distribution in Enugu, Abia, Imo, Anambra and Imo State. Other Electricity Distribution Companies in Nigeria in charge of other states including AEDC, BEDC, EKEDC, IBEDC, IKEDC, JED, KEDCO, KNEDC, YEDC and PHED.
Read more about 11 PHCN Electricity Distribution Companies in Nigeria
In Nigeria, 5 out of every 10 homes use the digital power consumption calculation device, also known the Prepaid Meter. This PHCN prepaid meter can be recharge online at the comfort of your home. You can also generate EEDC token online for recharging the prepaid meter even if you’re not at home once you have access to internet and then recharge when it is convenient for you at home.
We’ve come up with 3 options you can use to recharge your EEDC Prepaid Meter online. You can choose from any of the options. It is very easy to generate EEDC prepaid meter token online and get recharge credit units on your meter to avoid power interruption following any of the options.
Recharge EEDC Prepaid Meter via EEDC website
Here are steps to Recharge EEDC prepaid Meter online via EEDC website:
- Connect your Mobile phone or laptop to the internet (mobile Phones are best used).
- Log onto EEDC website at enugudisco.com and click on the, “Make Payment” button on the top right-hand side of the page.
You’ll be redirected to https://energypay.myeedc.com/ .
3. Type your Meter Number on the search box display and click on the, “Search” button
4. Next, confirm your EEDC account details and previous Arrears
5. Enter the amount to recharge, your email address and phone number and click on, “Next”.
6. Confirm your EEDC Account detail, again and the amount you’re about to recharge and click on, “Next”.
7. Select your Payment option by checking the Debit card option button and click on, “Pay Now” button as shown below
8. Enter your bank debit card details and click on the “Pay” button.
A One Time Password (OTP) will be sent from your bank to your phone or email to confirm your transaction
9. Enter the OTP sent to your phone number or email address for transaction confirmation and click on the, “Continue” button.
All things being equal, a successful Prepaid Meter payment page will be shown to you.
You’ll receive a confirming e-mail or a SMS message or both containing the token to be recharge, if your transaction is successful .
10. Load the token on your prepaid meter.
To load it, enter the PIN code (token) generated after payment using the keypad on your prepaid meter monitor unit. After entering the PIN code hit the “enter” button. You can edit the PIN code if you make any mistake using the delete and navigation
Once, you hit “enter” button, you’re done!
Note: it is best to recharge your EEDC Prepaid Meter directly via EEDC website because the transaction is totally free (no hidden charge)
Recharge your EEDC Prepaid Meter using Buypower
The second method to recharge your EEDC Prepaid Meter is by using Buypower App, website or whatsapp. Apart from using Buypower to recharge your EEDC Prepaid Meter, Buypower can also be used to recharge AEDC, BEDC, EKEDC, IBEDC, IKEDC, JED, KEDCO, KNEDC, YEDC and PHED Prepaid Meter.
So, to recharge your Electricity Prepaid Meter using Buypower:
- Visit buypower.ng
- Enter your phone Number and click on, “Continue to Buy”
- Enter your Meter Number and Amount
- Click on, “Pay”
Buypower App is available for download from Google play and Apple store for Android phone users and Iphone users
You can also purchase TOKEN via Buypower Whatsapp on 08106276256
- Send ‘Hello’
- Select the appropriate number
- Select Disco
- Enter Meter number
- Enter Amount
- Select Desired Payment method/option
Recharge your EEDC Prepaid Meter using Quickteller
This is our third option for recharging EEDC prepaid Meter online. Quickteller can also be use to recharge AEDC, BEDC, EKEDC, IBEDC, IKEDC, JED, KEDCO, KNEDC, YEDC and PHED Prepaid Meter just like Buypower.
To recharge your EEDC Prepaid Meter using Quickteller:
- Log onto Quickteller website at https://www.quickteller.com/eedcprepaid/
- Enter your EEDC prepaid meter number, the amount to recharge and click “continue” as shown below
3. Select debit card to pay and add the card details, click on “Pay” button
One-time password, OTP (security code) will be sent to your phone; enter the OTP to confirm payment.
NOTE: N100 will be charge for this transaction
You’ll receive a confirming e-mail or a text message or both, if your transaction is successful. The meter token will be emailed to your email address and/or phone number.
4. Load the toke on your prepaid meter.
To load it, enter the PIN code generated after payment using the keypad on your prepaid meter monitor unit. After entering the PIN code hit the “enter” button. You can edit the PIN code if you make any mistake using the delete and navigation
Hit “enter” button and you’re done!
Paying for your prepaid meter online recharge normally takes less than 3 minutes, and logically, this is the more convenient option for paying for PHCN (NEPA) and it is stress-free. It is definitely more convenient than going out to buy prepaid meter token at their office or banks. Once you have your PIN code, you can go ahead and load it into your Electronic energy prepayment unit (prepaid meter).
Note: for the newest EEDC prepaid meters, you need to plug the monitor unit on power source before you will be able to load the PIN code or token. So, do ensure you don’t let your energy to finish before you think of recharging your prepaid meter.
But for the old Prepaid Meter, you’ll need to go EEDC office to recharge it.