ATM cards are best used for transferring money from one bank account to another account within the country. Your ATM cards are your credit/debit card issued to you by your bank while the Automated Teller Machine (ATM) is a self-service machine that dispenses cash and performs some human teller functions like balance inquiry, bills payments, mini account statements and so on.
All ATM transactions are carried out through the use of a debit/credit card which enables the card holder(s) to access and carry out banking transactions without a teller.
I recently visited my bank to pay in money into my friend’s account. There was a long queue, so instead of queuing up with others; I decided to save my time, and energy by using my ATM card to transfer the money into my friend’s account.
Here is a guide on how I was able to transfer the money using ATM card. You too can follow the same steps to transfer money to any bank account you wish.
What I used were;
– An ATM Card ( Naira MasterCard)
– An Automated Teller Machine (ATM)
How to do the ATM money transfer
– At your bank ATM post terminal, insert your ATM card into the ATM
– Enter your personal identification number (PIN code)
– Select “send money” or “transfer money”
– Enter the recipient’s bank account number
– Select the type of account transfer. Example Firstbank (your account) to Firstbank ( the recipient account), Firstbank to GTbank, etc
– Select your bank account type (saving or current)
– Enter the amount to be transfer to the recipient account
– Confirm the recipient bank account details and amount to be transfer. The recipient account holder’s name and the amount to be transfer will be shown on the ATM screen. Select ‘Proceed’ if the information shown on the ATM screen is correct
Finally, if the transaction is successful; a congratulatory message will be displayed on screen indicating that you have successfully transferred certain amount from your account to another account.
– Do not forget your transaction receipt
– Transfer within the same bank is FREE
– You may be charge a fee of N200 for inter-bank transfer
The recipient will receive the exact amount of money you transferred to his bank account while your account will be debited and this will normally include the extra N200 transaction fee if want you have done is an inter-bank transfer.
How to transfer money without visiting your bank or using ATM
You can also transfer money to other people’s account without visiting any bank and queuing up and most interestedly without ATM machine.
All you need are;
• Internet connection
• Quickteller account
• Mobile phone that can browse
How to do the money transfer without ATM
• Go to m.quickteller.com to create an account using your mobile phone.
• Log in to your Quickteller account
• Click on transfer money
• Select the destination bank
• Select the Account type
• Enter the account number
• Enter the Beneficiary’s name
• Enter the amount
• Enter the receiver’s phone number
• Click on next
• Confirm the details
• Click on Pay and enter the following card details:
+ Card Number
+ Card Name
+ Expiry Date
+ CVV code
+ Card PIN
Note: CVV code (Card Verification Value) is NOT your card’s secret PIN (Personal Identification Number).Your CVV code can be located by looking at the back of your credit or debit card (ATM card). It is usually a 3-digit number found at the back VISA® or MasterCard®
• Click on Pay
• Enter the SafeToken delivered to your phone immediately
If the transaction is successful, you will receive this feedback message “Account Transfer Successful” and a reference number will be given to you.
Your beneficial will receive the exact amount of money you transferred to his account while a convenience fee of N100 will be deducted from your account alongside with the amount you transferred.
How can I tranfer money online while am in south Africa to someone without my sim card but I want to use my ATM information online
You don’t need your sim card to transfer money online.
I lost my sim card I registered wit my first bank acct I bought a new sim card so i want to register d new sim to my bank details can I do it online
No, you need to visit your bank.
How can I transfer money from first Bank to first Bank or to other bank without card pin
Use this code *894*amount*account number#
See it: Nigerian bank transfer code for transferring money from first bank to firstbank and to other banks
I don’t receive alert for my phone anytime I make transaction.can I use my ATM to transfer without alert on quickteller.
Your question is not clear.
How will I transfer on my account with my phone without ATM being linked to my account?
Use your bank USSD code.
Hello sir.. I am unable to make online payment with my quickteller account.. And what is a card pin for online transfer? And when I provide all the required.. Instead of to scroll to a pay.. It wouldn’t work.. It will just stop for add card to a wallet. What I will do now?
Have you make payment online before?
I can’t figure out the point where you have challenge.
hello sir, i lost my details on mobile transfer how do i go about it………to start transferring again???
Hello Charles Needle,
Which detail on mobile transfer do your lost?
I want to transfer money from my zenith account to a UBA account and my ATM card has not been given to me yet……how can I transfer it?
Hello faith mbanugo,
hello, pls i want to make a transfer from my first bank account to Gtb but my first bank ATM card has expired and am far away from any first bank branch at the moment. How do i go about it pls..
You can use your first bank mobile app. or internet banking
pls what should be the service charge for transferring 1million to another bank account using ATM
You can not transfer up to 1million to another bank account using ATM
Is it safe to give my details?
Hello Amaresh, Your details like what and what?
sir what if i forgot my password and am with my atm card how do i transfer …cos am having such issues here dont know how to go with it i know all my info just that since i traveled i dont remember my pin
Hello Samuel, sorry I was not able to respond earlier. Please, all you have to do is to visit your bank to help you change it.
what is the maximum amount that one can make a transfer using the ATM card and Quickteller.
N150,000 for ATM
How can i transfer money from uba current account to another uba account without ATM card
You will definitely need details of your ATM card.
Sir, I want to know how much I will be charged when I use my Gtbank account to send money to my Eco bank. How much will they charged me if I transfer 20,000 naira?
Hello Mr King,
Normal transfer charge of N200.
Sir, I want to know how much I will be charged when I use my Tynan account to send money to my Eco bank. How much will they charged me if I transfer 20,000 naira?
Hello Mr. King,
I don’t know how Tynan account operate, maybe I have to find out.
What if i don’t have atm card, and i want to transfer money to someone within Nigeria but without going to the bank. So what will i do ?
you can transfer money without ATM card to anybody in Nigeria by dialing simple Ussd code.
For Fidelity bank customers;
1. Fidelity bank ussd code for transferring money to another Fidelity bank and other banks in Nigeria.
2. Withdraw money from any Quickteller ATM without ATM card.
For GTbank Customers;
1. GTbank ussd code for transferring money to another GTbank and other banks in Nigeria.
For Diamond bank customers;
1. Diamond bank ussd code for transferring to other banks in Nigeria.
In summary we have this for you; Nigeria banks and their code for transferring money to other banks.
Can I transfer online money without ATMcard for property registration from Indian bank account.